Monday, April 23, 2007

Inspiration for Project 9 - NMED 2005

I almost forgot to incude my inspirations, I hope it is not too late.

I was infulenced by the ironic illustration of this cover and the basic dual complementary color scheme.

Since I chose an article dealing with diminishing natural resources and the environment, I looked up some environmentally conscious publications and I was also pleased by the irony of this cover in respect to the environment.

Because I chose an illustrated cover for my project, I decided not too overwhelm the double-page spread with stock photography, opting instead for some basic color accents, the faucet, and one altered photograph. I like the way the page above has an illustrated image and how it looks slightly more magazine and textbook than newspaper.

No comments: