Monday, February 12, 2007

Feb 12: Long Time Coming

Well, I haven't written any posts for a while in my blog so I figured I better get on that. This semester has been pretty laid back so far but I think that is because most of my courses get more intense in the second half of the semester but, regardless, it has been kind-of nice. I really like what I am learning in New Media, my only beef with these classes is that I find this area of Uhall (that the computer labs are in) kind-of depressing, it needs some natural light. After a five hour stint in the lab, I feel like busting a move in the parking lot or cartwheeling through the snow after being cooped up for so long. Back to the material though, my cyborg project is pretty much done, I was prepared to hand in what I had last class although I am glad to have the extra time because I am going to redo my Cosmetic Surgery one from scratch because I am not adequately pleased with it and my cyborg one is fairly simplistic but I kind-of like it that way. It was really helpful to have the critique in class and to see other people's projects. There were some really impressive projects and I think I had better buy the optional texts in the bookstore because I want to learn how to use every tool. I wish I could afford to get this software for my computer at home but I'm sure I will one day. I'm excited to design our own websites. I do not find the typography assignments as fun as the color palettes and graphics that we are working on in Nmed 2005 but it is definitely useful and probably the most practical skill that can be applied to the 'real world'. Aside from school, things are decent. I need to move out of my parents house, though, I feel like I've taken a step backward by moving back home at 21 but I guess I'll live it out until the end of the school year and then make the next move. I'm going to Vancouver Island for reading week to visit my sister and some friends so that should be a lot of fun although I don't know how much reading I will be getting in. Well, I think that's enough blogging for today. This picture is kind-of random but I love Halloween so I thought I'd show off my paper mache toad head. I'm going to photoshop a bunch of my pictures and change the background when I get a chance.

TOAD BEATING UP A FAIRY

No comments: